Thursday, February 04, 2010

Keep Me From Deliberate Sins

Exodus 37; Exodus 38; Psalm 19; Acts 11
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading

Scripture

Psalm 19

12 How can I know all the sins lurking in my heart?
Cleanse me from these hidden faults.
13 Keep your servant from deliberate sins!
Don’t let them control me.
Then I will be free of guilt
and innocent of great sin.
14 May the words of my mouth
and the meditation of my heart
be pleasing to you,
O LORD, my rock and my redeemer.

Observation

Don’t let deliberate sins control me. May the words of my mouth and what I am thinking about in my heart be pleasing to You, O Lord, my rock and my redeemer.
What have you been thinking about? Would your thoughts be pleasing to God? Would my thoughts be pleasing to Him?

Application

Jeremiah 33:3 says, “Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know.” I will call on the Lord today and I will wait expectantly for an answer.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I am calling on You today for help. You know what I have been thinking about since very early this morning. Give me wisdom to lead Your people. Help us know what steps to take as we seek to be Your church. I pray that You help us. I pray that You raise up godly leaders that will be willing to follow You and make changes that will help us be the church that You want us to be.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: