Friday, July 16, 2010

Accountablility

Isaiah 25; Isaiah 26; Isaiah 27; Isaiah 28; Hebrews 13
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Accountability

Scripture

Hebrews 13

17 Obey your spiritual leaders, and do what they say. Their work is to watch over your souls, and they are accountable to God. Give them reason to do this with joy and not with sorrow. That would certainly not be for your benefit.

Observation

Accountability: I am accountable to God for the people that He has placed in my life to pastor. I have the job of watching over their very souls. I take it seriously because I know that I will one day give an account to God.
I am glad that most of the folks in our congregation give me reason to rejoice and only a few bring me sorrow. It is my calling to love them all, even the unlovely.

Application

I will think about and pray for those that God has put under my responsibility.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me to be the best pastor to our people. Raise up other pastors from within our congregation that have a concerned for the spiritual well being of those around them. Use them to help me shepherd our people. I need their help. Thank You for those that have said, “yes” to leadership and are faithfully serving You in our church. I am proud of them. Give them the desires of their hearts, make their plans successful and answer their prayers.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: