Wednesday, July 07, 2010

Hosea 10; Hosea 11; Hosea 12; Psalm 73; Hebrews 4
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading

God is the Strength of My Heart

Scripture

Psalm 73

25 Whom have I in heaven but you?
I desire you more than anything on earth.
26 My health may fail, and my spirit may grow weak,
but God remains the strength of my heart;
he is mine forever.

Observation

The Psalmist is looking at all of the ungodly and how it seems like they have it all: good health, lots of money and lots of stuff without any problems or worries. He seems to ask himself for a moment why should he live a godly life if this is how the ungodly are rewarded for living so wickedly and in his life he struggles with problems and difficulties but then He goes to the temple and God reveals to him the fate of the wicked.

What seems to be such a good life that a wicked enjoys is really a life heading for certain disaster and destruction!

So the Psalmist returns to give praise to God and makes a powerful statement of his faith! “Whom have I in heaven but you? I desire you more than anything on earth. My health may fail, and my spirit may grow weak, but God remains the strength of my heart; he is mine forever.”

Application

I agree with the Psalmist and I also desire God more than anything on earth!

Prayer

Heavenly Father, “Whom have I in heaven but you? I desire you more than anything on earth. My health may fail, and my spirit may grow weak, but God remains the strength of my heart; he is mine forever.”

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: