Friday, July 16, 2010

Run Eddy Run!

Isaiah 22; Isaiah 23; Isaiah 24; Hebrews 12
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Run Eddy Run!

Scripture

Hebrews 12

God’s Discipline Proves His Love

1 Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a huge crowd of witnesses to the life of faith, let us strip off every weight that slows us down, especially the sin that so easily trips us up. And let us run with endurance the race God has set before us. 2 We do this by keeping our eyes on Jesus, the champion who initiates and perfects our faith. Because of the joy awaiting him, he endured the cross, disregarding its shame. Now he is seated in the place of honor beside God’s throne. 3 Think of all the hostility he endured from sinful people; then you won’t become weary and give up. 4 After all, you have not yet given your lives in your struggle against sin.

Observation

The Christian Life is a race so “Run Eddy Run! Strip off everything that is slowing you down and RUN! How do we run the race? We run the race with our eyes fixed on Jesus. He is the starting line and the finish line.
How are you doing in this Christian Marathon? It is not a wind sprint; you need to be in this race for the long haul. Are you ready? Have you realized you are in a race? Are you struggling today? If you are then get rid of all the stuff that is slowing you down. Get rid of it right now! Run the race with everything that you’ve got!

Application

I will run with all my heart today the race that God has put before me. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, give me energy to finish this race well. Don’t let me become disqualified by sin. Keep me from getting sidetracked by stuff that doesn’t really matter stuff that blinds me, that slows me down, stuff that the devil uses to try get me out of the race. Help me stay in the race until the very end. You are the Champion. You have already run this race and you have already won. Help me act like a champion too.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: