Saturday, July 03, 2010

Prepare a Guest Room

Isaiah 6; Isaiah 7; 2 Chronicles 26; 2 Chronicles 27; Philemon 1
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading

Prepare a Guest Room

Scripture

Philemon 1

21 I am confident as I write this letter that you will do what I ask and even more! 22 One more thing—please prepare a guest room for me, for I am hoping that God will answer your prayers and let me return to you soon.

Observation

What if someone in your church wrote you and told you to prepare a guest room for them what would be your response? Paul knew Philemon and was asking him to spare the life of his slave Onesimus and then he asked him to prepare a room for him so it would be ready when he came for a visit.

Paul had been in prison. In fact, Paul spent a lot of time in and out of prison, but his concern was for his new disciple Onesimus. Evidently Paul had led Philemon to the Lord also so Philemon was also a spiritual son just like Onesimus and he was writing Philemon so Philemon would accept Onesimus as a new brother in Christ rather than a runaway slave.

What a relationship Paul had with Philemon to be able to say to him, “can you please prepare a room for me because I plan to stay with you when I come your way”! Can we do the same thing or are there people that could do the same thing with us?

Application

I want people to be able to say to us, “we are coming your way and we plan on staying with you.” I need to show them that they are welcome and that our house is their house.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, Paul was hospitable and he was caring. He knew that Philemon owed him his very soul and he knew that he would take Onesimus back as a brother in Christ. Help me to be like Paul and help me to focus on people and their needs more than anything else.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: