Monday, July 26, 2010

Pray and Stay Alert!

Isaiah 46; Isaiah 47; Isaiah 48; Isaiah 49; 1 Peter 5
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading

Pray and Stay Alert!

Scripture

1 Peter 5

6 So humble yourselves under the mighty power of God, and at the right time he will lift you up in honor. 7 Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you.

8 Stay alert! Watch out for your great enemy, the devil. He prowls around like a roaring lion, looking for someone to devour. 9 Stand firm against him, and be strong in your faith. Remember that your Christian brothers and sisters all over the world are going through the same kind of suffering you are.

Observation

Pray and give all your worries and concerns to God. Stay alert because our great enemy the devil is prowling around and wants to devour us. Stand firm against him by being strong in your faith.

So we need to be humble, we need to be people of prayer and we need to be on our toes because our enemy is on the prowl and wants to destroy us.

Application

I will take all my concerns to the Lord because He cares for me. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, over and over again You tell us in Your word that we should not worry about anything, but that we should pray about everything. How come it seems easier to worry about things than to bring them to You? Help me to bring every concern that comes to my mind straight to you today. Help me be a man of faith today. Help me to stay alert. You are my King. You are my Lord. You are all powerful. Nothing is too hard for You.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: