Friday, July 23, 2010

Never Sinned!

2 Kings 20; Isaiah 38; Isaiah 39; Psalm 75; 1 Peter 2
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Never Sinned!

Scripture

1 Peter 2

21 For God called you to do good, even if it means suffering, just as Christ suffered for you. He is your example, and you must follow in his steps.

22 He never sinned,
nor ever deceived anyone.
23 He did not retaliate when he was insulted,
nor threaten revenge when he suffered.
He left his case in the hands of God,
who always judges fairly.
24 He personally carried our sins
in his body on the cross
so that we can be dead to sin
and live for what is right.
By his wounds
you are healed.
25 Once you were like sheep
who wandered away.
But now you have turned to your Shepherd,
the Guardian of your souls.

Observation

Jesus never ever sinned … not one time! He had brothers and sisters and He never sinned. Growing up how many times did you and your brothers and sisters get into fights? How many times did a younger or older brother or sister get you to do something that was wrong? I am sure that if you grew up with brothers and sisters like I did it was an everyday occurrence but not with Jesus not even one time. He never disobeyed His parents to the point that it was sin (I say it like that because when He was 12 years old and got left behind in Jerusalem His parents were not too happy with Him).

He lived thirty – three years on this earth and never ever did one thing that displeased God, not one, not one time.

He did something that you and I cannot do. He lived a perfect life so that He could be a perfect sacrifice for your sins and my sins. The sacrifices of the animals that were a part of the Jewish tradition were not perfect. Those animals did not have the capacity to sin or not to sin. Jesus was tempted just like we are tempted yet He never yielded to the temptation and He was able to offer His sinless life for our sinful lives. He was able to work out an exchange …His sinless life in place of our sinful lives.

Application

We read in 1 Peter 2:24 “By His wounds we are healed” and now He has given us the ministry of reconciliation. I will be Jesus’ hand and feet today and I will strive “to do good” like He has called me to do.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, Thank You for Jesus. Thank You that He lived a sinless life and He has healed me by his wounds. Help me to do good just like You have called me to do. Help me follow the example that Christ has given me and help me to follow in His steps today.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: