Thursday, July 22, 2010

The Importance of Repetition!

Isaiah 36; Isaiah 37; Psalm 76; 1 Peter 1
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


The Importance of Repetition!

Scripture

1 Peter 1

21 Through Christ you have come to trust in God. And you have placed your faith and hope in God because he raised Christ from the dead and gave him great glory.
22 You were cleansed from your sins when you obeyed the truth, so now you must show sincere love to each other as brothers and sisters. Love each other deeply with all your heart.

Observation

How many times in scripture are we told to love each other? This time we are told by Peter to love each other with sincerity and to love each other deeply. Why do we have to be constantly reminded to love each other?

You know the answer … it is because in the flesh the normal thing to do is to hate each other or at least strongly dislike each other. And it is not enough just to say that you love others, in this passage we are told that we must show it.
How are you showing your love for someone today? Maybe it is someone that is not easy to love how can you show your love towards them?

Application

I will show my sincere love for a person who is very close to me (it is not Kathy) even though this person makes life difficult sometimes.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, give me the capacity to love people like You want me to love them. Help me to overlook their hurtful actions and words and help me not to respond to them in the same way they do me. Let people see Jesus in me today. I pray for those that are struggling with huge decisions, those that are dealing with health issues, and those that are trying to help their aging parents. Give them Your strength.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: