Friday, July 02, 2010

Childlike Faith

Isaiah 4; Isaiah 5; Psalm 115; Psalm 116; Jude 1
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Childlike Faith

Scripture

Psalm 116

6 “The LORD protects those of childlike faith…”

Observation

Jesus says the same thing to his disciples and He is saying the same thing to us today. Do you have childlike faith? Do you? Do I have childlike faith? Do I? Think about a small child and what faith they have in the adults that care for them. It is complete total trust and that is what God is saying that we must have in Him.

Listen to the verses that come before verse six: 1 I love the LORD because he hears my voice and my prayer for mercy. Because he bends down to listen, I will pray as long as I have breath! Death wrapped its ropes around me; the terrors of the grave overtook me. I saw only trouble and sorrow. Then I called on the name of the LORD: “Please, LORD, save me!” How kind the LORD is! How good he is! So merciful, this God of ours!

We can trust Him. We can trust him just like a small child can trust his Mom and Dad only our God never messes up that trust like we as parents sometimes do. He is always faithful.

Application

I will trust Him today with childlike faith. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me to trust You with the faith of a small child. Help me to walk with You today. Help me to please You with the way I act. Thank You for taking care of me. Thank You for providing for my family and me. Thank You for blessing our church so much. You are a Mighty God Who is Worthy of our praise!

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: