Saturday, January 12, 2013

Fear God, Who Has The Power To Kill You And Then Throw You Into Hell.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Genesis 29; Genesis 30; Luke 12

Fear God,

Who Has The Power To Kill You 

And Then Throw You Into Hell.

Scripture

Luke 12

“Dear friends, don’t be afraid of those who want to kill your body; they cannot do any more to you after that. But I’ll tell you whom to fear. Fear God, who has the power to kill you and then throw you into hell. Yes, he’s the one to fear.

“What is the price of five sparrows—two copper coins? Yet God does not forget a single one of them. And the very hairs on your head are all numbered. So don’t be afraid; you are more valuable to God than a whole flock of sparrows.

Observation

Anybody can tell you to go to Hell, but there is One Person who has the power to kill you and then throw you there. God.

But if you will keep reading down to verse 6 you will see that God doesn’t want to do that.

I talked to a couple this week that both told me that if they were to die today that they would both go to Hell. Hmmm…

Where are you going when you die?

I told this couple that they could know for sure that they were going to go to Heaven instead of Hell. They needed to place their trust and their faith in what Christ did on the cross for them. They needed to have a personal relationship with God.

When I was nineteen years old I prayed and I asked Jesus Christ to save me. I asked Him to forgive me of my sins. I put my faith and my trust in the fact that He died on the cross in my place for my sins. 

Have you made that decision? 

Have you asked Christ to forgive your sins? 

Have you turned from a life of sin and self and turned to God? 

If your answer is “no” or “not yet” then you are headed for a place call Hell totally and forever separated from everyone that has a relationship with God through Jesus Christ. 

Do something about that today!

God loves us. He sent His Son Jesus to die in our place on the cross. We are very valuable to Him.

Application

 I will continue to share with people that they do not have to go to Hell. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, give me boldness to share with the people that I meet that Jesus saves. Help me clearly share the plan of salvation with them. Give me Your heart for people. I pray for strength today to do all that I need to do. 

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: