Monday, January 07, 2013

Your Faith Has Saved You, Go In Peace


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Genesis 18; Genesis 19; Psalm 3; Luke 7

Your Faith 

Has Saved You,

Go In Peace

Scripture

Luke 7

44 Then he turned to the woman and said to Simon, “Look at this woman kneeling here. When I entered your home, you didn’t offer me water to wash the dust from my feet, but she has washed them with her tears and wiped them with her hair. 45 You didn’t greet me with a kiss, but from the time I first came in, she has not stopped kissing my feet. 46 You neglected the courtesy of olive oil to anoint my head, but she has anointed my feet with rare perfume.

47 “I tell you, her sins—and they are many—have been forgiven, so she has shown me much love. But a person who is forgiven little shows only little love.” 48 Then Jesus said to the woman, “Your sins are forgiven.”

49 The men at the table said among themselves, “Who is this man, that he goes around forgiving sins?”

50 And Jesus said to the woman, “Your faith has saved you; go in peace.”

Observation

I hope you are taking time to read the passages for today’s Bible reading. At least take time to read Luke 7 this morning if nothing else. Jesus said to the woman, “Your faith has saved you; go in peace.” 

Salvation is a matter of faith not of good works. This woman did a very good thing when she used a very expensive perfume to wash Jesus’ feet. She washed them with tears and wiped them with her hair, but this action didn’t save her. Her faith in Jesus is what saved her that day.

Most of the people that I will talk to as I go to Mission Tampa in just a few minutes believe that their good works will get them to Heaven. If good works could get us to Heaven then Jesus’ death on the cross would have been senseless. No matter good you and I could be from now until the day we die we still all deserve to go to Hell not Heaven. That’s right we all deserve to go to Hell. 

I know that I am going to Heaven. Not because I am a good person. Not because I do more good deeds than bad ones. I am going to Heaven because I am forgiven. I am forgiven because I have placed my faith in Jesus who died on a cross for me and came back to life and is Alive today. He gives me eternal life and I will never perish!

 Application

I will share the story of Luke 7 to those that come to  “Mission Tampa” today and I will pray that God will give them understanding so that they can be saved. 

 Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me share this story well this morning. I know that unless You draw people to Yourself they cannot be saved. I pray today that the people at Mission Tampa would understand the Gospel. I pray that they will understand today that they need to be forgiven. Help them place their faith and trust in Jesus today. Nothing is too hard for You. 

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: