Wednesday, January 09, 2013

You Must Turn From Your Selfish Ways, Take Up Your Cross Daily, And Follow Me.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Genesis 23; Genesis 24; Luke 9

You Must Turn 

From Your Selfish Ways, 

Take Up Your Cross Daily, And Follow Me.

Scripture

 Luke 9

23 Then he said to the crowd, “If any of you wants to be my follower, you must turn from your selfish ways, take up your cross daily, and follow me.
 
24 If you try to hang on to your life, you will lose it. But if you give up your life for my sake, you will save it. 25 And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but are yourself lost or destroyed?
 
26 If anyone is ashamed of me and my message, the Son of Man will be ashamed of that person when he returns in his glory and in the glory of the Father and the holy angels.

Observation

It is a huge problem! Huge! You ask what problem? Me, Myself and I – It is those three words that describe my biggest problem. How about you?

If I weren’t so selfish, so self-centered, I would be so much more effective as a disciple of Christ!

Turning from my selfish ways and following Jesus is a daily choice. Daily denying what I want to do is part of taking up my cross and is part of following Jesus.


Application

I will ask the Lord to help me today not to be selfish. I want to follow Him. How about you?


Prayer

Heavenly Father, You know me. You know me so very well. Help me to focus on others today and not myself. Help my concern be for those around me and not for myself. Guide me through this day in a way that allows me to bring You glory. Keep me away from sin. 

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: