Friday, January 11, 2013

“This Is How You Should Pray”


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Genesis 27; Genesis 28; Psalm 4; Luke 11 

“This 

Is How 

You Should Pray”

Scripture

Luke 11 

Jesus said, “This is how you should pray:

“Father, may your name be kept holy.
    May your Kingdom come soon.

 
Give us each day the food we need,

 
and forgive us our sins,
    as we forgive those who sin against us.
And don’t let us yield to temptation.”


“And so I tell you, keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you. 10 For everyone who asks, receives. Everyone who seeks, finds. And to everyone who knocks, the door will be opened.

Observation

Here is what Jesus is saying to us, “Don’t give up.” Keep praying! Keep on asking. Keep on seeking. Keep on knocking. If we do then the closed door will be opened to us.

This lesson should speak to us about continuing to pray for those people in our lives that continue to break our hearts. This verse should give us encouragement to pray for our children or grandchildren that aren’t walking with the Lord. Can you see that this verse should help us as you and I face financial problems? How about problems with our health or the health of one of our loved ones?

Keep on praying. Never give up!

Application

I will continue to pray today for unanswered prayers. How about you?


Prayer

Heavenly Father You know I have people that I keep praying for and even though there doesn’t seem to be any change in their lives yet I am going to keep on praying for them. I am going to keep on seeking a change in their lives. I am going to continue to knock on the door until it is one day opened. I believe that You hear my prayers and I believe that You will one-day answer me. I will see their lives changed!

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: