Tuesday, January 15, 2013

He Was Lost, But Now He Is Found. So The Party Began.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Genesis 37; Genesis 38; Psalm 7; Luke 15 

He Was Lost,

But Now He Is Found.

So The Party Began.

Scripture

Luke 15 

22 “But his father said to the servants, ‘Quick! Bring the finest robe in the house and put it on him. Get a ring for his finger and sandals for his feet. 23 And kill the calf we have been fattening. We must celebrate with a feast,  

24 for this son of mine was dead and has now returned to life. He was lost, but now he is found.’ So the party began.

Observation

What is Your God like? My God is extravagant! He is my Heavenly Father that gives me way more than I deserve and doesn’t give me what I really do deserve.

I feel like the younger son in the story. His father lavished love on him and he felt so unworthy.

God feels the same way about me as the father in this story did when His son returned to him.

God feels that way about me right now.

I have a very Extravagant Heavenly Father. How about you?  

Application

I will look for ways today to show extravagant love for people that God brings into my path.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, You are so extravagant and I am so thankful that You are. Thank You for giving me so much. I am blessed. I don’t deserve it. Help me today to be generous too. Help me to show the same kind of extravagant love to people that You have shown me! 

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: