Wednesday, January 23, 2013

“I Assure You, Today You Will Be With Me In Paradise.”


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Exodus 6; Exodus 7; Exodus 8; Luke 23

 “I Assure You, Today

You Will Be With Me 

In Paradise.”

Scripture

Luke 23

39 One of the criminals hanging beside him scoffed, “So you’re the Messiah, are you? Prove it by saving yourself—and us, too, while you’re at it!”

40 But the other criminal protested, “Don’t you fear God even when you have been sentenced to die? 41 We deserve to die for our crimes, but this man hasn’t done anything wrong.” 42 Then he said, “Jesus, remember me when you come into your Kingdom.”

43 And Jesus replied, “I assure you, today you will be with me in paradise.”

Observation

This criminal didn’t deserve to be with Jesus in paradise and neither do we? What did the criminal do that allowed him the privilege to go to Heaven? He did only one thing and it is the one thing that you and I must do if we desire to spend eternity with Jesus. We must put our Faith and our Trust in Him as our Savior and Lord. He believed with all his heart!

In that moment on the cross the one criminal was able to see that Jesus was truly the Messiah. He suddenly understood that he was in the presence of God himself and the thief humbled himself and called out to Jesus to save him. 

All three men were on the cross and all three men would die an excruciating death. But while all three men were still alive one of the criminals became a believer. He suddenly understood that Jesus was His Savior and that very day he crossed over into paradise with Jesus.

You and I are like the two criminals on the cross. We also deserve death and we deserve to go to Hell.

Unless we call out to Jesus and ask Him to save us we too will die in our sins. Have you turned from sin and self and have you asked Jesus to save you?

Application

I will think of everyone that I see today as people that need the forgiveness of Jesus.

 Prayer

Heavenly Father, give me Your eyes and Your heart for the people that I meet today. Help me to see their need for Jesus!

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

http://www.enewhope.org/bible/

No comments: