Monday, January 14, 2013

So You Cannot Become My Disciple Without Giving Up Everything You Own.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Genesis 34; Genesis 35; Genesis 36; Luke 14

So You Cannot 

Become My Disciple

Without Giving Up Everything You Own.

Scripture

Luke 14

33 So you cannot become my disciple without giving up everything you own.

Observation

Storage Units, garage sales, flea markets all speak to the amount of stuff that we tend to accumulate. We are very rich – all of us. By comparison to the rest of the world even our poor in the United States are doing pretty good.

How much stuff do you own? How much of the stuff owns you?

Jesus says that we cannot become His disciple without giving up everything we own.

So how much do you and I own? If it is really God’s stuff and not our own then the real question is “How well are we using it?”

 Application

I have been trying to get rid of clutter/stuff for a few years. This year I will continue to work on eliminating stuff we don’t need and that other people might be able to use. I will also think through my inventory of stuff/junk/toys and make sure I have yielded ownership of all of that over to the Lord.   

Prayer

Heavenly Father, You own everything that I have in my possession. Help me to act like You do. Don’t let me value anything more than I should. Help me be a good steward of the resources that you have blessed us with. You have been so very good to us. We are blessed.



Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

http://www.enewhope.org/bible/

No comments: