Wednesday, January 02, 2013

Enoch Lived 363 Years, Walking In Close Fellowship With God. Then One Day He Disappeared, Because God Took Him.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Genesis 3; Genesis 4; Genesis 5; Luke 2

Enoch Lived 363 Years, 

Walking In Close Fellowship With God.

Then One Day He Disappeared, Because God Took Him.

Scripture

Genesis 5

23 Enoch lived 365 years, 24 walking in close fellowship with God. Then one day he disappeared, because God took him.

Observation

As I read the book of Genesis there are lots of questions that come to my mind like why was Cain worried about other people taking his life when he killed his brother Abel? If Adam and Eve were the first people that God created and the only kids that they had at this time were Cain and Abel why would there be other people. It is like the question where did Cain get his wife? 

But that isn’t the question that catches my eye today! The question that I am asking myself today is how can I live my life in such a way that God would want to take me right up to Heaven to be with Him? “Enoch lived 365 years, walking in close fellowship with God. Then one day he disappeared, because God took him.” Wow!

I wonder how many times this has happened since? Who knows?

Application

I want to live walking in close fellowship with God where He would at least be tempted to take me on up to Heaven to be with Him. How about you?


Prayer

Heavenly Father, I know I am not Enoch. I don’t know how he did it. I would love to live my life in such a way that You would want to take me up to be with You. How did he do it? How can I do it. Help me live to please You. Help my life count for You. Keep me away from sin. Help me to walk close to You. 

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: