Sunday, January 06, 2013

“What You Say Flows From What Is In Your Heart.”


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Genesis 15; Genesis 16; Genesis 17; Luke 6

“What You Say

Flows

From What Is In Your Heart.”

Scripture

Luke 6

45 A good person produces good things from the treasury of a good heart, and an evil person produces evil things from the treasury of an evil heart. 

What you say flows from what is in your heart.

Observation

What is inside is going to spill out! I don’t like this. I would rather make excuses for my bad attitude, blame something or someone else for my cutting remarks, but I can’t. What is inside of me is going to splash out!

I can be so grumpy, so mean, so short – well how about you?

The heart – well Jeremiah 17:9 sums it up pretty well: "The human heart is most deceitful and desperately wicked. Who really knows how bad it is? (NLT)

Application

This week I am going to really watch how I talk to Kathy and apologize every time I mess up.  

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I am a sinner. I have been saved by grace. I know that I am forgiven, but I also know that my old nature still wants to mess me up. I pray for self-control. Help me be controlled by the fruit of the Spirit and not the flesh. Show me anything that I need to clean up or get out of my life. Don’t let my deceitful old heart say hurtful things to people. 

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: