Tuesday, January 22, 2013

“What Is That In Your Hand?” “A Shepherd’s Staff,” Moses Replied. “Throw It Down On The Ground,”


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Exodus 3; Exodus 4; Exodus 5; Luke 22

“What Is That In Your Hand?”

“A Shepherd’s Staff,” Moses Replied.

“Throw It Down On The Ground,”

Scripture

Exodus 4

But Moses protested again, “What if they won’t believe me or listen to me? What if they say, ‘The Lord never appeared to you’?”

Then the Lord asked him, “What is that in your hand?”
“A shepherd’s staff,” Moses replied.

“Throw it down on the ground,” the Lord told him. So Moses threw down the staff, and it turned into a snake! Moses jumped back.

Observation

God can take whatever we have and it can become a powerful tool for Him if we will just yield it to Him. As long as it is in our hand, in our control then God cannot use it, but once we yield it to God then He can do powerful things in and through our lives.

What is in your hand … talent, career, money, influence, or expertise in some area … throw it down and yield it to God. It can become powerful and life-changing if it is under the control of a Mighty God.

What is in your hand? What is in my hand? Lets yield those things to God.

Moses did and God used Moses to lead His people out of bondage and eventually into the Promised Land. God can and will use you and me if we will yield ourselves to Him and allow ourselves to be used by Him.

What is in your hand?

Application


 I will allow God to use my life today. I will make sure that everything I have is yielded to Him.


Prayer

Heavenly Father, I want to be used by You. Don’t let me hold on to anything too tightly. I want everything in my life yielded to You. Give me an attitude like Moses at the burning bush. Help me to be humble and meek like the man Moses. Power and Honor and Glory all belong to You!

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!


No comments: