Monday, May 27, 2013

And We Know That God Causes Everything To Work Together For The Good Of Those Who Love God And Are Called According To His Purpose For Them.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Proverbs 4; Proverbs 5; Proverbs 6; Romans 8

And We Know That God Causes

Everything To Work Together For The Good

Of Those Who Love God And Are Called According To His Purpose For Them.

Scripture

Romans 8

28 And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them.

Observation

Today is Memorial Day! 

It is a day to remember all of our fallen soldiers and those warriors who were wounded as they protected us. 

I remember today those that lost their lives in the Vietnam War. Three of the guys that I played high school football with died in that war. One of the three was my best friend Wayne Baggett; his death was one of the things God used in my life to turn me around. My nephew, Eric Solgard was severely wounded in Iraq. He received the Purple Heart from President George W. Bush. Kathy and I are very proud of him. 

Romans 8:28 for those of us that have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ should encourage us today no matter we are going through because it assures us that God will not waste even a single hurt. He uses everything that comes into our lives for our good. This promise has a condition – “for those who love God.”

So the death of a close friend, even getting wounded in a war, having a massive heart attack, or a million other not too pleasant things that can and will come into our lives God will use each and everyone of them for our good. 

So why in the world should you be depressed today? Memorize this verse! Meditate on this verse! Apply this verse to whatever unpleasant thing that is happening in your life right now and know that God will use it ultimately for your good. 

Wow!  When you and I trust in Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior it is a totally win-win situation!

Application

I will thank my God for using even the bad things that happen in my life for my good.



Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank You for allowing me the privilege of being born in this country. Thank You for our military men and women who have served and for those who are currently serving our country so well. I pray today for those who are going through extremely difficult times. Help them to see that You are right there with them. I pray for those that are dealing with depression. Help them to understand and comprehend Your power that is available to them. Help them to understand Your love for them and help them to understand that You will even turn the bad things that happen to them into something for their good. You are so good to me.  You are worthy of Praise!

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

http://www.enewhope.org/bible/

http://www.bigjohnmiska.com/meetsoldiers.html

No comments: