Wednesday, May 15, 2013

We Urge You In The Name Of The Lord Jesus To Live In A Way That Pleases God


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
1 Chronicles 25; 1 Chronicles 26; 1 Chronicles 27; 1 Thessalonians 4

We Urge You

In The Name Of The Lord Jesus

To Live In A Way That Pleases God

Scripture

1 Thessalonians 4

“…we urge you in the name of the Lord Jesus to live in a way that pleases God…”

Observation

 Have you ever had someone argue that it is okay to drink alcoholic beverages? Maybe you have made that argument! Whether the Bible forbids drinking is not the best question to ask?

A better question to ask when doing something that is questionable would be, “Is what I am getting ready to do, something that would please my God?”

Just so you don’t think that I am picking on those that may drink how about this question, “Is smoking this cigarette something that pleases God?” Or “Is overeating today something that pleases God?”

We could go on and on with a long list, but the bottom line is that we are supposed to live our lives in a way that pleases God!

Application

 I will strive to live today in a way that pleases God.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, Your Word says that I am Your delight! Help me live in such a way today that I bring you joy. Help me live in a way that pleases You. 

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

http://www.enewhope.org/bible/

No comments: