Friday, May 10, 2013

This I Know: God Is On My Side!


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
2 Samuel 18; Psalm 56; Matthew 27

This I Know:

God 

Is On My Side!

Scripture

Psalm 56

But when I am afraid,
    I will put my trust in you.


I praise God for what he has promised.


    I trust in God, so why should I be afraid?
    What can mere mortals do to me?


  …This I know: God is on my side!

10 I praise God for what he has promised;
    yes, I praise the Lord for what he has promised.


11 I trust in God, so why should I be afraid?
    What can mere mortals do to me?


Observation

 FEAR! Be honest ... you deal with it too!

Psalm 56:3-4 would be a great set of verses to add to our arsenal to help us overcome the fears that continually bombard our lives.

What do these verses teach me? 

1.      When I am afraid I should be my trust in God.
2.      I am to remember what He has promised.
3.      God is on my side. With God on my side what can any human do to me?

Application 

When I am afraid I will trust in God.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, this I know: You are on my side! I praise You for what You have promised; yes, I praise You Lord for what You have promised.  I trust in You, so why should I be afraid? What can mere mortals do to me? God, you did everything you promised, and I’m thanking you with all my heart. You pulled me from the brink of death, my feet from the cliff-edge of doom. Now I stroll at leisure with You in the sunlit fields of life. (NLT & Message)

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

http://www.enewhope.org/bible/

No comments: