Saturday, May 18, 2013

He Shepherded Them With A Pure Heart And Guided Them With His Skillful Hands.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
1 Kings 3; 2 Chronicles 1; Psalm 78; 2 Thessalonians 2

He Shepherded Them 

With A Pure Heart

And Guided Them With His Skillful Hands.

Scripture

Psalm 78

He chose David His servant
and took him from the sheepfolds;


71 He brought him from tending ewes
to be shepherd over His people Jacob—
over Israel, His inheritance.


72 He shepherded them with a pure heart
and guided them with his skillful hands.

Observation

Here is a good prayer for you and I to pray for our pastor(s). It is found in verse 72 of Psalm 78.

Maybe the prayer could go something like this:

I pray for Pastor Bruce today. I pray that You help him pastor us with a pure heart and I pray that he is able to guide us with skillful hands.

This passage is also a reminder to all of us pastors that we were just like King David was before God called us – nothing – and He has given us the responsibility to care of His most prized possession, His bride – the church.

We better do it with a pure heart and we better guide them with skillful hands.

Application

I will pray for Pastor Bruce today. And I will pray for Pastor Larry. And I will pray for Matt Cochran. How about you? Will you pray for your pastor(s) today?


Prayer

Heavenly Father, I pray for Pastor Bruce and Pastor Larry today. And I pray for Matt Cochran today who all serve in pastoral roles in our church. Help these men maintain pure hearts and help them to guide us with skillful hands. Encourage my many other pastor friends today and help them lead their churches in a way that pleases You. Help them be men of integrity. Give them boldness and courage and help them be men that bring You glory and honor.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

http://www.enewhope.org/bible/

No comments: