Saturday, May 11, 2013

Leave Your Troubles With The Lord


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
2 Samuel 19; 2 Samuel 20; Psalm 55; Matthew 28

Leave 

Your Troubles 

With The Lord

Scripture

Psalm 55

22 Cast your cares on the Lord
    and he will sustain you;
he will never let
    the righteous be shaken.


Observation

Kathy started getting sick last night and it seems that she has caught a virus. She is running a fever and has all the other symptoms that go with a stomach bug. I was thinking about this verse and it suddenly dawned on me that I hadn’t prayed for Kathy to ask God to heal her. I was getting out our favorite Mexican remedy for a stomach bug – good ole “Pepto Bismol” when I realized I hadn’t prayed for her to get well.

I asked God to forgive me and I ask God to heal her.

    Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. [7] If you do this, you will experience God's peace, which is far more wonderful than the human mind can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7

I need to pray first before I go for the “Pepto”!

Application

I will pray first and give out medicine second.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, sometimes I am so dense. I know that You are the Great Physician. I know that I should pray first and ask You to take care of my concerns both big and small. 

… As for me, I call to God,
    and the Lord saves me.
17 Evening, morning and noon
    I cry out in distress,
    and he hears my voice. Psalm 55:16b-17 NLT


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

http://www.enewhope.org/bible/

No comments: