Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Your Intention Is Good, But You Are Not The One …


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
1 Kings 8; 2 Chronicles 5; Psalm 99; Romans 3

Your Intention

Is Good,

But You Are Not The One … 

Scripture

1 Kings 8

18 … Your intention is good, 19 but … 

17 Then Solomon said, “My father, David, wanted to build this Temple to honor the name of the Lord, the God of Israel. 18 But the Lord told him, ‘You wanted to build the Temple to honor my name. Your intention is good, 19 but you are not the one to do it. One of your own sons will build the Temple to honor me.’

Observation

King David wanted to do something very special for God. He had good intentions. God told David, “Your intention is good, but you are not the one to do it.

It reminds me of how I wanted to go back on the mission field and Kathy and I were all set to go to India. We went to a Missions conference and everything seemed to be in place for us to go. We came back to Tampa on a Saturday all excited about the new adventure and 2 days later I had my heart attack. Our intentions were good, but … we were not the ones to do it!

 Life is full of twists, curves and detours. But life is also very exciting!

We can make plans but God is the One Who directs our paths! Looking back on everything that God has allowed us to do Kathy and I have no complaints! We are so blessed!

Application

 I will look forward with anticipation and great expectation to what God is going to do next in our lives. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, Thank You for directing my life. My life is in Your Hands. How can I go wrong as long as I let You lead me.

I will trust in You with all my heart; I will not depend on my own understanding. I will seek Your will in all I do, and You will direct your paths. Proverbs 3:5-6

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

http://www.enewhope.org/bible/

1 comment:

Laura said...

Hi Eddy! You've been on my heart and mind. I've not been faithful with writing or reading with my very busy job, but this weekend I took some time to do so and what a blessing to read yours. So glad to see you writing, and every time you come to mind I thank the Lord that you are still here with us on earth! Tell Kathy hello. Love and miss you both!
Laura