Wednesday, October 30, 2013

“Don’t Be Afraid. Just Have Faith.”


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Job 21; Mark 5; Mark 6

“Don’t Be 

Afraid.

Just Have Faith.”

Scripture

Mark 6

22 Then a leader of the local synagogue, whose name was Jairus, arrived. When he saw Jesus, he fell at his feet, 23 pleading fervently with him. “My little daughter is dying,” he said. “Please come and lay your hands on her; heal her so she can live.”

… messengers arrived from the home of Jairus, the leader of the synagogue. They told him, “Your daughter is dead. There’s no use troubling the Teacher now.”

36 But Jesus overheard them and said to Jairus, “Don’t be afraid. Just have faith.”

39 He went inside and asked, “Why all this commotion and weeping? The child isn’t dead; she’s only asleep.”

40 The crowd laughed at him. But he made them all leave, and he took the girl’s father and mother and his three disciples into the room where the girl was lying. 41 Holding her hand, he said to her, “Talitha koum,” which means “Little girl, get up!” 42 And the girl, who was twelve years old, immediately stood up and walked around! 

They were overwhelmed and totally amazed.
 
Observation

“Don’t be afraid. Just have faith.” The Bible is full of commands just like this. Just do a search on the words faith, trust, fear, afraid using a Bible concordance and just see how many times God tells us to trust Him, how many times He tells us to have faith in Him and how many times He tells us not to be afraid! I will share a few with you that come to my mind.

Here is one that the Lord has placed on my heart over the past several days,


    Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. [6] Seek his will in all you do, and he will direct your paths. Proverbs 3:5-6

Here are some of my favorites:

    So, you see, it is impossible to please God without faith. Anyone who wants to come to him must believe that there is a God and that he rewards those who sincerely seek him. Hebrews 11:6


    God is our refuge and strength,
        always ready to help in times of trouble.
    [2] So we will not fear, even if earthquakes come
        and the mountains crumble into the sea.
    [3] Let the oceans roar and foam.
        Let the mountains tremble as the waters surge!

    [7] The Lord Almighty is here among us;
        the God of Israel is our fortress.

    Psalm 46:1-3,7

    Don't be afraid, for I am with you. Do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you. I will help you. I will uphold you with my victorious right hand. Isaiah 41:10

Application

 I will hold on to Proverbs 3:5-6 this week and I will trust Him.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, You are my refuge and my strength. You are always ready to help in times of trouble. So I will not fear, even if earthquakes come and mountains crumble into the sea. You are Almighty and You are right here with me. I will not be afraid, because You are with me. I will not be dismayed because You are my God. You will strengthen me. You will help me. You will uphold me with Your victorious right hand.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

http://www.enewhope.org/bible/

No comments: