Wednesday, October 02, 2013

There is Joy In The Presence Of God’s Angels When Even One Sinner Repents


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Zechariah 13; Zechariah 14; Psalm 147; Luke 15

There is Joy In The Presence

Of God’s Angels

When Even One Sinner Repents

Scripture

Luke 15

10 In the same way, there is joy in the presence of God’s angels when even one sinner repents.”

Observation

I read this week in Luke 13 “unless we repent we will also likewise perish.” The word “Repent” is one of the most positive words in the Bible! Most people view “repenting” as something negative, but it is not.

If you take a moment to think about it there is nothing more important in life than to repent! There was a time in my life when the only person I thought about was myself. My life was all about sin and all about self. A man shared with me the Good News about Jesus Christ and I turned (repented) to God and turned away from selfish living. 

Oh don’t get me wrong I still struggle with the old Eddy Williams, but Christ now lives within me and He gives me the strength to live the way God intended life to be lived. He lives His life through me.

I am so glad that I repented of my sins and I surrendered my life to Christ.

How is life going for you? Maybe you need to repent (change the direction of your life) and turn to God. Maybe you need to surrender to Jesus Christ and ask Him to be Boss of your life.

Jesus came to give us an abundant life! Are you experiencing a life full of meaning and purpose? If not then maybe you need to do like I did and repent and put your faith totally in what Christ did for you on the cross. Then and only then can God bless you and then and only then will you experience the life that you were created to live.

Application

 I will look for someone this week to share the Good News of Jesus Christ. 

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I don’t understand why everyone doesn’t turn to You and turn away from a life of sin and self. I know that they are spiritually blinded, but I pray that as they hear the Good News those blinders will fall off so they can know You as I know You. I grieve for those in my family that continue to live life like You do not exist. Open up their spiritual eyes Lord. Open up their spiritual eyes. Give me the ability to communicate the Good News clearly when I have the chance to share with others about my faith in You. Nothing is impossible for You. 

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

http://www.enewhope.org/bible/

No comments: