Wednesday, October 23, 2013

They Invited Him To Their Home And Explained To Him The Way Of God More Adequately


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Job 13; Job 14; Acts 17; Acts 18

They Invited Him 

To Their Home

And Explained To Him The Way Of God More Adequately

Scripture

Acts 18

24 Meanwhile a Jew named Apollos, a native of Alexandria, came to Ephesus. He was a learned man, with a thorough knowledge of the Scriptures. 25 He had been instructed in the way of the Lord, and he spoke with great fervor and taught about Jesus accurately, though he knew only the baptism of John. 26 He began to speak boldly in the synagogue. When Priscilla and Aquila heard him, they invited him to their home and explained to him the way of God more adequately.

Observation

I heard someone who is very close to Kathy and I say proudly say one time that he had learned all that he needed to know for his life in kindergarten. He was saying that because he didn’t want to go to school anymore. He didn’t want to listen to teachers. He didn’t want to be taught. How sad! How dumb!

Apollos was evidently a very powerful speaker and he was very educated. He had a thorough knowledge of the Scriptures yet when Priscilla and Aquila heard him they knew that he didn’t have everything just right. They invited him to their home where they could explain the way of God more adequately.

And although the Scriptures don’t come right out and say it Apollos must have listened and he must have accepted what they shared with him.

He was teachable.

Do you and I have a teachable spirit? 

 Application

 I will listen and learn from people today. How about you? 

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me to be humble and teachable. I want to always be learning new things. I want to always be teachable. Don’t let me become someone that doesn’t need to learn from those around me. Give me a teachable spirit. Guide me today. Give me a greater hunger and thirst for Your Word than I even have today. May I be able to say as Job said in Job 23:12b “I have treasured the words of His mouth more than my necessary food.”

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

http://www.enewhope.org/bible/

No comments: