Monday, October 07, 2013

I Felt Encouraged Because The Gracious Hand Of The LORD My God Was On Me


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Ezra 7; Ezra 8; Luke 20

I Felt Encouraged

Because The Gracious Hand 

Of The LORD My God Was On Me

Scripture

Ezra 7

27 Praise the Lord, the God of our ancestors, who made the king want to beautify the Temple of the Lord in Jerusalem! 28 And praise him for demonstrating such unfailing love to me by honoring me before the king, his council, and all his mighty nobles! I felt encouraged because the gracious hand of the Lord my God was on me. And I gathered some of the leaders of Israel to return with me to Jerusalem.

Observation

This is an amazing story of what our God can do with a man willing to humble himself and let God use him. Why not take time to read chapters 7 and 8 this morning?

It is my desire to live in a way that allows the gracious hand of the LORD my God to be upon me. Ezra was a man blessed by God because Ezra was obedient and he was humble. He knew that God’s favor was not something that was automatic. He demonstrated his dependence on the Lord  by fasting and praying.

When you think about it the rebuilding of the Temple was even more incredible than when the Temple was originally built. God moved the hearts of Kings who were not even Jewish to support and finance the rebuilding of the Temple.

The “gracious hand of the LORD my God was on me” now that is a phrase that you and I need to pray for our pastor and his leadership team. God’s gracious hand of blessing is not something that is automatic. It is not something that can be taken for granted.

Will you join me in praying for our pastor today? Let’s ask God to place his gracious hand on him. Let’s ask God to bless him as he humbly leads God’s people to walk in obedience. 

Application

I will pray for my pastor today and for those he has placed in leadership.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I am reminded this morning that we are like sheep. We need to be led. Ezra was so important in bringing the nation of Israel back to a right relationship with You. Sheep tend to drift. We tend to stray away. We need godly leadership that will keep us on track. I pray for our leaders this morning. May they be men and women that love Your word like the prophet Ezra did. May Your gracious hand be on them just as it was on Ezra. May Your face shine on them.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

http://www.enewhope.org/bible/

No comments: