Saturday, October 12, 2013

You Will Receive Power


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Nehemiah 7; Nehemiah 8; Acts 1 

You 

Will 

Receive Power

Scripture

Acts 1 

But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes upon you. And you will be my witnesses, telling people about me everywhere—in Jerusalem, throughout Judea, in Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.”

Observation

When you woke up this morning did you think about how powerful you were? I know it is Saturday and it has been a long week, but think about this – if you are a Christ Follower you are a very powerful person.

Nothing is more powerful on the face of this earth than a bunch of Christians who are walking in obedience with Jesus. NOTHING! Only Christians have the power to transform lives as they share the Good News about Jesus Christ. The Gospel changes everything!

Power … God’s Power … Holy Spirit Power … is available today for you and me. All we have to do is surrender our lives to the Lord and walk in obedience today. Where are you being disobedient today? Where am I being disobedient today?

    I myself no longer live, but Christ lives in me. So I live my life in this earthly body by trusting in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. Galatians 2:20
 
 Only by your power can we push back our enemies;
    only in your name can we trample our foes. Psalm 44:5


 The power of the Lord was with them, and a large number of these Gentiles believed and turned to the Lord. Acts 11:21

We now have this light shining in our hearts, but we ourselves are like fragile clay jars containing this great treasure. This makes it clear that our great power is from God, not from ourselves. 2 Corinthians 4:7

Application

I will confess any sin that God brings to my mind and I will walk in obedience today. How about you?  

Prayer

Heavenly Father, by Your Power I can push back my enemies; only in Your Name can I trample my foes. Christ lives in me. So I live my life in this earthly body by trusting in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. By Your Power I will be Your witness, telling people about You everywhere—in my Jerusalem, throughout my Judea, in my Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

http://www.enewhope.org/bible/

No comments: