Thursday, October 24, 2013

You Are Nothing But A Windbag


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Job 15; Acts 19; Acts 20

You

Are Nothing

But A Windbag

Scripture

Job 15

Then Eliphaz the Temanite replied:

“A wise man wouldn’t answer with such empty talk!
    You are nothing but a windbag.

Observation

With friends like Eliphaz the Temanite, Bildad the Shuhite, and Zophar the Naamathite, poor Job didn’t need any enemies. As I read Job I find that his friends with all of their advice where no help to Job at all. They only added to his misery.

Words are so powerful. We speak words of healing or we speak words that stab like a sword. As I read Job 15 this morning I was reminded of my memory verse that I learned this week. Proverbs 12:18 “Careless words stab like a sword, but wise words bring healing.”

You and I have the opportunity to speak words that bring healing to someone’s life or we can also speak into their lives reckless, careless words that stab like a sword. It is our choice.

Who is the person close to your sword that is most likely to get stabbed first: your spouse, your children, your extended family, and then probably everyone else.

Application

I will be careful and try to speak wise words that bring healing to those close to me this week. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me to speak words that are wise and words that bring healing instead of words that are careless and that stab like a sword. Guard my mouth. Guard my heart. Don’t let me hurt those around me with what comes out of my mouth. 

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

http://www.enewhope.org/bible/

No comments: