Thursday, October 31, 2013

You Are Defiled By What Comes From Your Heart


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Job 22; Mark 7; Mark 8

You Are Defiled

By 

What Comes From Your Heart

Scripture

Mark 7

15 It’s not what goes into your body that defiles you; you are defiled by what comes from your heart.”

Observation

Maybe the word “heart” caught my attention because my heart has been acting out for the past couple of weeks and really has had my attention for the past couple of days. But the heart that Jesus is talking about is way more important than my blood pumping heart.

It is the real me! What is the real me like? Here is a verse that pretty well sums it up:

    "The human heart is most deceitful and desperately wicked. Who really knows how bad it is? Jeremiah 17:9

There is only one thing that can go into my heart to help it:

    How can a young person stay pure? By obeying your word and following its rules.     I have hidden your word in my heart, that I might not sin against you. Psalm 119:9,11

What I am doing right now is the most important thing that I can do for my heart … reading God’s Word.

Are you struggling right now with a relationship, a temptation, or a sin? Dig into and spend time in God’s word today.

Pastor Rapley Armstrong used this quote one time and I wrote it in one of my Bibles, “This Book (the Bible) will keep you away from sin and sin will keep you away from This Book”. So true.

What is keeping you away from spending time in God’s Word?

Application

 I will spend time in God’s Word everyday.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I have hidden your word in my heart, that I might not sin against you.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

http://www.enewhope.org/bible/

No comments: