Friday, November 01, 2013

“What Do You Mean If I Can?” Jesus Asked. “Anything Is Possible If A Person Believes.”


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Psalm 121; Mark 9; Mark 10

“What Do You Mean

If I Can?” Jesus Asked.

“Anything Is Possible If A Person Believes.”

Scripture

Mark 9

20 So they brought the boy. But when the evil spirit saw Jesus, it threw the child into a violent convulsion, and he fell to the ground, writhing and foaming at the mouth.

21 “How long has this been happening?” Jesus asked the boy’s father.
He replied, “Since he was a little boy. 22 The spirit often throws him into the fire or into water, trying to kill him. Have mercy on us and help us, if you can.”

23 “What do you mean, ‘If I can’?” Jesus asked. “Anything is possible if a person believes.”

24 The father instantly cried out, “I do believe, but help me overcome my unbelief!”

Observation

Forty-Four years ago on November 1, 1969 God gave me the greatest gift He could ever give a man! He gave me the greatest wife on planet earth! God’s gift of my salvation and eternal life is the only thing that ranks higher than His gift of my wife to me. 

These are wonderful and exciting days to spend with the wife of my youth!

 “What do you mean, ‘If I can’?” Jesus asked. “Anything is possible if a person believes.”

What impossible situation are you facing today? Do you think God can handle it? 

Maybe we need to cry out just like this father did and say, “I do believe, but help me overcome my unbelief!”

Application

I will celebrate today with the wife of my youth!

Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank You for all the wonderful gifts You have given me, but most of all thank You for Kathy! I don’t know why You chose me to have the opportunity to get to know her and fall in love with her, but I am so glad that You did.

I pray for Dolores Redman right now as she is undergoing surgery. I pray for Beth and all the family.

Thank You for everyone that came to our Fall Festival. I pray that some of those families will be drawn to our church because of the love they experienced from all of our volunteers.

You are a Mighty God. Nothing is too hard for You.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

http://www.enewhope.org/bible/

No comments: