Saturday, November 30, 2013

That Is, That You And I May Be Mutually Encouraged By Each Other’s Faith


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Romans 1; Romans 2; Romans 3; Romans 4

That Is,

That You And I 

May Be Mutually Encouraged By Each Other’s Faith

Scripture

Romans 1

12 that is, that you and I may be mutually encouraged by each other’s faith.

Observation

As I was reading my Bible this morning I received a phone call from a friend who wanted to thank me because of something I said in a sermon in 2008. She said that she was having her quiet time and came across what I said (I guess in her spiritual journal or in the margin of her Bible) that prompted her to call and thank Kathy and I for being an encouragement to her.

What she probably didn’t realize when she made the phone call was that she was actually going to be an encouragement to us. Her phone conversation with us was an example of what Paul was talking about in verse 12; we were mutually encouraged by each other’s faith!

 Application

I will pray about who needs a phone call and a word of encouragement.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank You for Christian friends. Thank You for their encouragement. Help me to be an encouragement to someone today. Don’t let me miss an opportunity. I pray for our Mission Conference that begins tomorrow. I pray that the missionaries that speak will touch the lives of many that hear their stories. I pray that You would call someone from within our church to go to the mission field as a result of this conference. Speak through each missionary in a powerful way. Use them to encourage us to be more involved in reaching Your world with the Gospel. 

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

http://www.enewhope.org/bible/

No comments: