Wednesday, November 20, 2013

That Is Why I Tell You Not To Worry About Everyday Life …


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Matthew 5; Matthew 6; Matthew 7

That Is Why

I Tell You

Not To Worry About Everyday Life … 

Scripture

Matthew 6

25 “That is why I tell you not to worry about everyday life …

33 Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need.

Observation

Do you have Matthew 6:33 memorized? We should. 

The Sermon on the Mount takes about 15 minutes to read, but it takes a lifetime to live out. I could have picked a lot of different things out of Jesus’ message to talk about this morning, but since I tend to worry I will focus on Matthew 6:33.

Worry! I am sure that you don’t worry, but I find myself spending time thinking and thinking about something and I am sure that God would define what I do as worrying. 

This passage has always brought me back to why I don’t need to worry about anything! If I put into practice Matthew 6:33 then God has my back and I don’t have to worry about anything. 

In fact, worry is a total lack of faith, a lack of trust in what God said He would do. Over and over and over again in God’s word He tells me that I don’t need to worry. In fact, He tells me that all of my worrying is not going to do one bit of good.


Application

 So I will think about Matthew 6:33 as I go about this day and I will meditate on Philippians 4:6-7 today instead of worrying.

Philip. 4:6-7 

    Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. [7] If you do this, you will experience God's peace, which is far more wonderful than the human mind can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.

 Prayer

Heavenly Father, today I will not worry about anything; instead, I will pray about everything. I will tell You what I need, and I will thank You for all that You have done. I want to experience Your peace, which is far more wonderful than my human mind can understand. Your peace will guard my heart and my mind as I live in Christ Jesus. (Phil. 4:6-7 personalized)

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

http://www.enewhope.org/bible/

No comments: