Tuesday, November 05, 2013

If Keeping The Law Could Make Us Right With God, Then There Was No Need For Christ To Die.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

 Job 28; Job 29; Galatians 1; Galatians 2

 
 If Keeping The Law Could Make Us Right With God,

Then

There Was No Need For Christ To Die.

Scripture



20 My old self has been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me. So I live in this earthly body by trusting in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. 21 I do not treat the grace of God as meaningless. 

For if keeping the law could make us right with God, then there was no need for Christ to die.

Observation

 When I talk to people at Mission Tampa about their relationship with God and I ask them this question, “If you were to stand before God at Heaven’s gate and God asked you why He should let you into Heaven?” Do you know how most of them respond? 

They almost always respond with a “keeping the law” answer. Even if they go to church every Sunday they respond with a “works” answer and almost never mention having a relationship with Jesus Christ. 

If being good or keeping rules could have saved us then there was no need for Christ to die. We could have saved ourselves.

Are you trying to be right with God by keeping some set of rules or by being good? If you are … sorry … it will never happen. 

Unless your old self has been crucified with Christ you don’t have eternal life. Unless you are trusting in the Son of God and what He did on the cross for your salvation then you are depending on the wrong thing. 

If we asked everyone in our church or in your church what it takes for a person to go to Heaven I think we would be shocked to find out how many are depending on their good works to get them into Heaven.

Application

 I will keep asking people about their relationship with God and I will listen carefully to their answers to hear what they say about Jesus!

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me. So I live in this earthly body by trusting in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.  You showed Your great love for me by sending Christ to die for me while I was still a sinner.  (Galatians 2:20)(Romans 5:8)


http://www.enewhope.org/bible/

No comments: