Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Come, Follow Me, And I Will Show You How To Fish For People!


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Matthew 1; Matthew 2; Matthew 3; Matthew 4

Come, Follow Me, 

And I Will Show You

How To Fish For People!

Scripture

Matthew 4

18 One day as Jesus was walking along the shore of the Sea of Galilee, he saw two brothers—Simon, also called Peter, and Andrew—throwing a net into the water, for they fished for a living.

19 Jesus called out to them, “Come, follow me, and I will show you how to fish for people!” 20 And they left their nets at once and followed him.

Observation

Yesterday Pastor Bruce spent most of our leadership meeting talking to us about how as a church we can do better at fishing for people. I can tell you that our lead team is very intentional about fishing for people.

It is so exciting to be in a church where “fishing for people” is the main thing! It is so easy for a church to get sidetracked into doing lots of good things that aren’t related to fishing for people.

I love to fish! I am so glad that Jesus used this illustration to talk about evangelism and not something else like hunting (no offense to all you hunters out there)!

We have to be intentional and use strategy when it comes to fishing. And we have to be very intentional and use strategy when it comes to fishing for people.

Application

I will fish for people this week.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me to be a fisher of men. Don’t let me slack off. Keep me focused on the main task. Help our lead team and Pastor Bruce stay focused on reaching more and more people for Christ. Use us to reach our city one person at a time! Thank You for the leadership that You have brought to our church. I am so thankful each and every one of them. Use them for Your Honor and for Your Glory to bring many people into Your Kingdom. 

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

http://www.enewhope.org/bible/

No comments: