Saturday, November 02, 2013

You Must Love The LORD Your God With All Your Heart, All Your Soul, All Your Mind, And All Your Strength. … And Love Your Neighbor As Yourself.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Job 23; Job 24; Mark 11; Mark 12

You Must Love The LORD Your God

With All Your Heart, All Your Soul, All Your Mind, And All Your Strength.

… And Love Your Neighbor As Yourself.

Scripture

Mark 12

The Lord our God is the one and only Lord. 30 And you must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, all your mind, and all your strength.’ 31 The second is equally important: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ No other commandment is greater than these.”

Observation

    So now I am giving you a new commandment: Love each other. Just as I have loved you, you should love each other. John 13:34

    And further, you will submit to one another out of reverence for Christ. Ephesians 5:21

This past week our Wednesday life group listened to part of an Andy Stanley message in a series called “Staying In Love”. It was a powerful and convicting message about how the word “love” needs to be a verb in our lives and not simply a noun.

Anybody with a pulse can fall in love, but staying in love requires putting the other person’s needs above our own. It requires a mutual submitting to one another.

To love someone as yourself you have to place that person’s well being above your own. Jesus commands us to put love into action. It is not a just a warm and fuzzy feeling. It is action. It is work!

Marriages are a mess both in church and out of church because couples don’t have John 13:34 / Ephesians 5:21 relationships.

Marriage is not all about you. It is not all about “me”. It takes a lot of work and sacrifice to make it the best!

Application

I will put Kathy’s needs and desires above my own today.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, You are the One and only Lord.   I love You with all my heart, all my soul, all my mind, and all my strength.   Help me to love my wife and the others around me as much as I love myself. I know that there is no other commandment that is greater than these. Help me to serve others and put their needs above my own. 

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

http://www.enewhope.org/bible/

No comments: