Saturday, November 23, 2013

You Are Seeing Things Merely From A Human Point Of View, Not From God’s


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Matthew 14; Matthew 15; Matthew 16

You Are Seeing Things

Merely From A Human Point Of View,

Not From God’s

Scripture

Matthew 16

23b … You are seeing things merely from a human point of view, not from God’s

24 Then Jesus said to his disciples, “If any of you wants to be my follower, you must turn from your selfish ways, take up your cross, and follow me.

Observation

Jesus rebukes Simon Peter. Why? Peter didn’t want Jesus to go to Jerusalem where Jesus had just told His disciples that He would be put to death. Peter was being selfish. He was only seeing the situation from his point of view and not God’s.

I catch myself reacting to things so many times in a negative way because I am selfish. I am looking at things from my point of view and not God’s.

Pastor Bruce has repeatedly told the leadership team to look at things from a 30,000 feet perspective to be able to see the big picture.

God’s plan is God’s plan. He has a reason and a purpose. It may not fit in with our plans. Guess who needs to adjust their plans. 

When we can’t see or understand what God is doing … trust His Heart!

Application

I will try to see this week’s activities from God’s point of view!

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me not to be so selfish. Help me to see things from Your point of view and be willing to adjust my perspective. When I can’t see the big picture help me to trust Your Heart.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

http://www.enewhope.org/bible/

No comments: