Monday, November 04, 2013

Then The Soldiers Nailed Him To The Cross …


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Job 26; Job 27; Mark 15; Mark 16

Then 

The Soldiers 

Nailed Him To The Cross …

Scripture

Mark 15

24 Then the soldiers nailed him to the cross …

Observation

As I read about the crucifixion of Christ this morning I was reminded that it was my sin that nailed Jesus to the cross. It was your sin too!

    But God showed his great love for us by sending Christ to die for us while we were still sinners. Romans 5:8

  A few weeks ago during our prayer time at one of our morning worship services a young man asked me to pray that he would not yield to temptation that he was struggling with and fall back into some of his old sins. I told him that when he was being tempted for him to visualize Christ on the cross and for him to say to himself, “Jesus died on the cross for that sin.”

When I do this at the moment that I am being tempted it helps me to turn away from the temptation. 

Application

When I am tempted this week I will remind myself that Jesus died for that sin.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, How can a young person stay pure? By obeying your word and following its rules.  I have hidden your word in my heart, that I might not sin against you. Psalm 119:9,11 Your word is a lamp for my feet and a light for my path. Psalm 119:105 

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

http://www.enewhope.org/bible/

No comments: