Monday, November 11, 2013

I Don’t Just Do What Is Best For Me; I Do What Is Best For Others So That Many May Be Saved.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Psalm 122; 1 Corinthians 9; 1 Corinthians 10; 1 Corinthians 11

I Don’t Just Do What Is Best For Me;

I Do

What Is Best For Others So That Many May Be Saved. 

Scripture

1 Corinthians 9

22 When I am with those who are weak, I share their weakness, for I want to bring the weak to Christ. Yes, I try to find common ground with everyone, doing everything I can to save some.

1 Corinthians 10

33 I, too, try to please everyone in everything I do. I don’t just do what is best for me; I do what is best for others so that many may be saved.

Observation

Life is not all about “me” and life is also not all about “you”.

You and I need to live for others. We need to find “common ground” with them so they have the chance to come to Christ through our witness.

Paul said that he was willing to do what was best for other people so they could be saved.

What sacrifice do I need to make this week so someone else can hear about Jesus?

Application

I will look for some common ground this week with some of my friends that need Jesus. 

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I know you are always bringing people into my life that need to be saved. Help me be ready and willing to find common ground with them so they can hear the Good News. Slow me down this week so I don’t miss the opportunities that come my way. Help me to be salt and light to someone this week. Thank You for what You are doing in our church. Thank You for the lives that are being changed. 

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

http://www.enewhope.org/bible/

No comments: