Saturday, October 19, 2013

Then Barnabas Went On To Tarsus To Look For Saul


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Job 5; Psalm 108; Acts 10; Acts 11

Then Barnabas Went 

On To Tarsus

To Look For Saul

Scripture

Acts 11

24 Barnabas was a good man, full of the Holy Spirit and strong in faith. And many people were brought to the Lord.

25 Then Barnabas went on to Tarsus to look for Saul. 26 When he found him, he brought him back to Antioch. Both of them stayed there with the church for a full year, teaching large crowds of people. (It was at Antioch that the believers were first called Christians.)

Observation

The Apostle Paul wouldn’t have been all that he was and he would have accomplished all that he did without his friend Barnabas.

You and I always need to be helping someone become what God wants him or her to be. So many people around us have great potential, but they need someone to give them a little help. It is called discipleship!

Investing our lives in the lives of others is what we are to be about. Spending time with others. Encouraging others, lifting others up, showing them by our example how to grow in the Lord this is what God has called us to do.

It must always be the main thing on our minds. It must never take the back seat to anything else!

Barnabas was a good man, full of the Holy Spirit and strong in faith, and his main task was helping Saul become the Apostle Paul.

Application

I will continue investing time in men to help them become what God wants them to be.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me be a Barnabas to someone this week. Everyone needs someone that believes in him or her. Thank You for our Pastor and his Dad who very much believe in discipleship. I am who I am today because You brought Dr. Waylon Moore into my life. I will always be grateful for what I learned under his leadership. Thank You for the other men that You brought into my life like Charles Hartwig and Hugh Roberts. You are constantly bringing people into our lives that need to be discipled. Show me how to help them. I pray for the men of our church. I pray that they would be men of God, full of the Holy Spirit and strong in faith. 

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

http://www.enewhope.org/bible/

No comments: