Saturday, October 05, 2013

Let The Children Come To Me. Don’t Stop Them!


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Esther 3; Esther 4; Esther 5; Esther 6; Esther 7; Esther 8; Luke 18 

Let The Children 

Come To Me.

Don’t Stop Them!

Scripture

Luke 18 

15 One day some parents brought their little children to Jesus so he could touch and bless them. But when the disciples saw this, they scolded the parents for bothering him.

16 Then Jesus called for the children and said to the disciples, “Let the children come to me. Don’t stop them! For the Kingdom of God belongs to those who are like these children. 17 I tell you the truth, anyone who doesn’t receive the Kingdom of God like a child will never enter it.”

Observation

Don’t stop them from coming to Jesus! The disciples didn’t understand and we don’t understand either! 

My Granny brought me to Jesus! 

My Mom and my Dad kept me away from Jesus. My Mom and my Dad never took me to church one time in my entire life (that I can remember) as I was growing up. I know that they didn’t do it intentionally, but they still did it. 

My Granny walked to church and took me with her. I don’t remember a lot about my Granny, but I do remember how she talked about the Billy Graham Crusade that she had the chance to participate in. She gave me this huge Bible with lots of pictures in it. 

She took me to church where I was able to go to R.A.’s and I met Charles and Ed Meade who were R.A. counselors. R.A.’s stands for Royal Ambassadors for Christ – it was like Christian Boy Scouts with a mission’s emphasis! I saw Charles a few weeks ago and it brought back great memories. I am eternally indebted to him. 

Those early days of going to church with my Granny I prepared me to surrender my life to Christ when I was 19 years old. I will be forever grateful to my Granny. 

Are you keeping children away from Jesus? How you ask? Maybe … by not living a godly life and setting an example for them. Maybe … by missing church more than attending or not attending at all. 

I am so glad my Granny invited me to go to church with her. Who do we need to invite? Who do I need to invite? 

Application

I will thank those who work with our children at church. They are making an eternal difference in the lives of so many! 

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I am thankful that my Granny helped me come to know Jesus. I remember that she wasn’t perfect, but she was seeking to live for You. I regret not remembering more about her, but what I do remember about her brings a smile to my face. Help me to be an influence in my grandchildren’s life. You know how much I want them to know You and live their lives committed to You. What is impossible for people is possible with You.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

http://www.enewhope.org/bible/

No comments: