Sunday, January 12, 2014

“…A Person Is A Fool To Store Up Earthly Weath But Not Have A Rich Relationship With God.”


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Genesis 29; Genesis 30; Luke 12

“…A Person Is A Fool

To Store Up Earthly Weath

But Not Have A Rich Relationship With God.”

Scripture

Luke 12

16 Then he told them a story: “A rich man had a fertile farm that produced fine crops. 17 He said to himself, ‘What should I do? I don’t have room for all my crops.’ 18 Then he said, ‘I know! I’ll tear down my barns and build bigger ones. Then I’ll have room enough to store all my wheat and other goods. 19 And I’ll sit back and say to myself, “My friend, you have enough stored away for years to come. Now take it easy! Eat, drink, and be merry!”’

20 “But God said to him, ‘You fool! You will die this very night. Then who will get everything you worked for?’

21 “Yes, a person is a fool to store up earthly wealth but not have a rich relationship with God.”

Observation

Are you and I working on a rich relationship with God? If not then you and I are fools and we are no different than this rich man who only thought about himself.

Your relationship with your spouse, your children and those around you and your relationship with God is way more important than accumulating a bunch of stuff.

When we leave this earth none of our toys are going with us. Only the reward of living a godly life, our investment in the people around us and our relationship with God those are the things that are going to count.

How are we doing? Are we more like rich man in this story or are we more like Jesus Who is telling us this story?

Application

I will strive today to be rich in my relationship with God by focusing on the needs of others.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, don’t let me be like this rich man in this story. Don’t let me be a fool. Help me keep my eyes focused on the important things in life and not on stuff that will be gone tomorrow.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

http://www.enewhope.org/bible/

No comments: