Thursday, January 09, 2014

If Any Of You Wants To Be My Follower, You Must Turn From Your Selfish Ways, Take Up Your Cross Daily, And Follow Me.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Genesis 23; Genesis 24; Luke 9

If Any Of You Wants To Be My Follower,

You Must Turn From Your Selfish Ways,

Take Up Your Cross Daily, And Follow Me. 

Scripture

Luke 9

23 Then he said to the crowd, “If any of you wants to be my follower, you must turn from your selfish ways, take up your cross daily, and follow me.

Observation

I wouldn’t have any problems in my life at all if I could just do away with “self”. I am my biggest problem. Don’t laugh … you have the same problem!

Every day when I get up I need to make sure that Jesus is number One in my life! Eddy wants to take that position every day. It is my daily choice – who I allow to be in charge of my life. When Eddy wins out and I take control I can tell you that it is not a very good day.

“I” is my biggest problem! Do you have an “I” problem too?

Application

I will strive to daily take “I” down and put Jesus up on the throne of my life everyday.  

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me to keep Jesus number One in my life today. Guide me and direct me today. Help me bring You glory and honor by the way I live today.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

http://www.enewhope.org/bible/

No comments: