Tuesday, January 07, 2014

… “Who Is This Man, That He Goes Around Forgiving Sins?”


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Genesis 18; Genesis 19; Psalm 3; Luke 7

… “Who 

Is This Man,

That He Goes Around Forgiving Sins?”

Scripture

Luke 7

 

… “Who is this man, that he goes around forgiving sins?”

47 “I tell you, her sins—and they are many—have been forgiven, so she has shown me much love. But a person who is forgiven little shows only little love.” 48 Then Jesus said to the woman, “Your sins are forgiven.”

49 The men at the table said among themselves, “Who is this man, that he goes around forgiving sins?”

50 And Jesus said to the woman, “Your faith has saved you; go in peace.”

Observation

 I talked to a fellow yesterday that just couldn’t understand that God’s forgiveness is a gift. You can’t work for it. You must accept it. You must receive God’s gift of forgiveness by faith.

This woman, who knew that she was a sinner, understood that she had to receive God’s forgiveness. She didn’t deserve it and she couldn’t earn it.

You and I don’t deserve to be forgiven either. You and I deserve death and judgment. You and I both deserve to go to Hell. But we don’t have to go to Hell. We can receive God’s gift of forgiveness.

I believe that Jesus Christ came down from Heaven and was born in a manger. He lived 33 years on earth and did not sin one time. He allowed Himself to be put on a cross and He died a criminal’s death. He died as a Perfect sacrifice to pay the penalty of my sins and your sins. He laid down His life for you and for me as a Gift.

Have you received God’s Gift of forgiveness? Have you trusted in the Lord Jesus Christ as your Savior and Lord?

    for, "Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved." Romans 10:13

     
I think that after I finished to talking to that man yesterday he understood at least a little more clearly how a person receives God’s forgiveness. May his eyes be opened completely to the Good News of the Gospel message.

Application

I will look up passages in my Bible today on God’s forgiveness.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, Your word says, 

“as far as the east is from the west, so far has he removed our transgressions from us.” Psalm 103:12 

    In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace Ephesians 1:7

Peter replied, “Each of you must repent of your sins and turn to God, and be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. Then you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. Acts 2:38

“Brothers, listen! We are here to proclaim that through this man Jesus there is forgiveness for your sins. Acts 13:38

    For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 6:23 

I pray for the man that I talked to yesterday and several others I pray that You
… open their eyes, so they may turn from darkness to light and from the power of Satan to God. Then they will receive forgiveness for their sins and be given a place among God’s people, who are set apart by faith in me.’ Acts 26:18
 
Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

http://www.enewhope.org/bible/

No comments: