Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Watch Out! Don’t Let Your Hearts Be Dulled By Carousing And Drunkenness, And By The Worries Of This Life.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Exodus 1; Exodus 2; Psalm 88; Luke 21

Watch Out!

Don’t Let Your Hearts Be Dulled By Carousing And Drunkenness,

And By The Worries Of This Life.

Scripture

Luke 21

34 “Watch out! Don’t let your hearts be dulled by carousing and drunkenness, and by the worries of this life.

Observation

So many things can dull your heart and my heart. Maybe you no longer participate with the carousing and drunkenness crowd, but how about the worries of this life do they still mess up your heart?

I can remember life before I surrendered my life to Christ. I was a married 18 year old, barely an adult and partying and drinking seemed like the thing for me to do. It was what everyone seemed to do to try to find purpose and meaning out of life. Thank goodness I realized that carousing and getting drunk could not fill the emptiness in my life. I am so grateful that someone shared with me that only Jesus Christ could meet the deep needs of my heart. 

How sad it is when we as followers of Jesus Christ go back to the old life instead of looking to Christ to help us with the worries and troubles of life. Drugs, alcohol, and sex can dull the pain of broken relationships, financial crisis, loss of a job, failure etc., but it is only for a moment.

A life yielded and surrendered to Jesus doesn’t need the “props” of the old life.

Application

I will enjoy my relationship with Jesus Christ today. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, nothing can satisfy the needs of my life like Jesus Christ. Don’t ever let me settle for second best. Don’t ever let me go back to the old things in my life that never delivered what they promised. You are the most important Person in my life. You are all I need.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

http://www.enewhope.org/bible/

No comments: