Saturday, January 18, 2014

They Should Always Pray And Never Give Up.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Genesis 44; Genesis 45; Genesis 46; Luke 18

They Should Always

Pray

And Never Give Up.

Scripture

Luke 18

One day Jesus told his disciples a story to show that they should always pray and never give up.

  “There was a judge in a certain city,” he said, “who neither feared God nor cared about people.

  A widow of that city came to him repeatedly, saying, ‘Give me justice in this dispute with my enemy.’ The judge ignored her for a while, but finally he said to himself, ‘I don’t fear God or care about people, but this woman is driving me crazy. I’m going to see that she gets justice, because she is wearing me out with her constant requests!’”

Then the Lord said, “Learn a lesson from this unjust judge. Even he rendered a just decision in the end. So don’t you think God will surely give justice to his chosen people who cry out to him day and night? Will he keep putting them off? I tell you, he will grant justice to them quickly! But when the Son of Man returns, how many will he find on the earth who have faith?”

Observation

It is easy to pray and then give up because we have not received an answer to our prayers. Jesus says, “that we should never give up praying.” We need to learn a lesson from this story and never give up.

I have been praying for some of my family for years and I will continue to pray for them. I will never give up. I pray for our church. I will never give up. I pray for the healing of my nephew. I will never give up.

Later on in the chapter Jesus gives us another reason why we should never give up when He says, “What is impossible for people is possible with God.”

Just because what we are praying for seems impossible and it seems like what we are praying for is never going to happen – never stop praying. 

Application

I will continue to pray for some impossible situations today because Jesus said to never give up!

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I know that nothing is too hard for You.  Listen to my cry for help, my King and my God, for I pray to no one but you.  Listen to my voice in the morning, Lord. Each morning I bring my requests to you and wait expectantly. Psalm 5:2-3

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

http://www.enewhope.org/bible/

No comments: