Monday, January 06, 2014

Give And You Will Receive


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Genesis 15; Genesis 16; Genesis 17; Luke 6

Give

And 

You Will Receive

Scripture

Luke 6

38 Give, and you will receive. Your gift will return to you in full—pressed down, shaken together to make room for more, running over, and poured into your lap. The amount you give will determine the amount you get back.

Observation

 I plan to go to India on a mission trip in a few weeks. I have been overwhelmed at the response of people giving to help me go on this mission trip. I am amazed at their generosity. God has used their generosity to speak to me about my giving to people when they ask me to help them to go on a mission trip. 

From this verse it is obvious that Jesus plans to make sure that their investment returns to them in a very big way. When Jesus makes such a bold promise … why don’t we believe it? We cannot out give our God. 

I know that I will be blessed as I go to India, but a lot of other people will share in that blessing. 

Why not memorize Luke 6:38 this week or maybe even better lets put this verse into practice!

    Bring the full amount of your tithes to the Temple, so that there will be plenty of food there. Put me to the test and you will see that I will open the windows of heaven and pour out on you in abundance all kinds of good things.  Malachi 3:10 

Application

I will say “yes” when someone asks me to help him or her go on a mission trip. How about you? 

 Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me to really believe and put into practice Luke 6:38. Help me trust You and give as You put on my heart to give. Bless those who have been so generous to Kathy and I. You are Mighty. Nothing is too hard for You. Be with those struggling with relationships. Help them to not give up. 

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

http://www.enewhope.org/bible/

No comments: