Tuesday, January 14, 2014

So You Cannot Become My Disciple Without Giving Up Everything You Own.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Genesis 34; Genesis 35; Genesis 36; Luke 14

So You 

Cannot

Become My Disciple Without Giving Up Everything You Own.

Scripture

Luke 14

33 So you cannot become my disciple without giving up everything you own.

Observation

Toys! We are grown men but we still want to hold on to “toys”. They come in a variety of shapes and forms, but we cling to them like a 2-3 year old does with his toy truck. Even though we don’t yell it out anymore like a 2 year old does it is very obvious that the word “MINE” still dominants our lives.

Car races, women/sex, boats, golf, sports, our time/schedule, hunting, fishing, jobs, and the like can be all consuming to us men.

Jesus says, “Give it up!” (Yield ownership over to Me.)

What toys are you and I still holding on to that we need to give up? Jesus says that we are to give up everything we own. Have we done that?

Today is a very good day to do an evaluation and see if something still owns us.

Jesus Christ wants and must be number One in our lives. What has taken His place?

Application

I will ask God to show me anything in my life that is still under my ownership and control and I will yield it to Him today. Will you do the same?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I do want to be your disciple. Show me anything in my life that has not had the ownership transferred over to You. Don’t let me be consumed with the stuff of life. Help me to focus on Your Kingdom instead of myself. You are God Almighty! You own everything. I don’t own anything. Everything I have is Yours. Everything that I enjoy has been loaned to me for just a little while. Don’t ever let me forget it.



Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

http://www.enewhope.org/bible/

No comments: